Test Item Summary Reports list the items in an objective‐based test and display students’ choices for each answer choice in a test item. Use this report to evaluate the effectiveness of custom test items. The percentage bar graph lets educators quickly spot regularly missed questions.
Because a larger sample size results in a more reliable analysis, consider using a sample size of 250 students or more.
For detailed information on the following report options and setting, click here.
- Click the Reports tab.
- Click Assessment Reports located under CompassLearning Reports.
- Click Settings in the row of Default Test Item Summary Report.
- A new window will open. Make sure the Details tab is selected.
- Set the report name and listed items.
- Click the Objective-based Tests tab.
- Set to the desired subject and grade level.
- Click the Students tab.
- Select specific students and/or groups of students for the report. Once the desired students have been selected, click the Add Selected Items to have them added to the report.
- Click the Schedule & Send tab.
- Set to the desired settings to schedule the report generation and emails.
- Click the Run tab.
- Select Run Now to start generating the report and stay on the reporting screen. Select Run Offline to start generating the report in the background which allows the Educator to continue moving freely through the system.
If the report is run offline, the status of the report can be viewed in My Reporting Queue on the Report tab.
- When finished, click the Exit icon located in the top right corner.